With overwhelming public input and encouragement, the 2014 Eugene Celebration Parade will take place on August 23 at 11:00am, preceded by the Eugene Celebration Pet Parade at 10:30am. The Pet Parade, organized by Greenhill Humane Society, will 'hoof it' on a shortened version of the same route.
All are encouraged to sign up to participate or volunteer (and receive free tickets to the Eugene Celebration Concert--links below!), or come and watch!
- July 31, end of business: Initial parade entrant deadline--fees increase by 50% if application or payment is received after this date.
- August 12, end of business: Final parade entrant deadline. All applications and payments must be received by end of business.
- August 15: Parade staging information sent out via email to the primary contact on the application.
- August 20: Any required insurance documentation must be on file at the Celebration Parade office (see Proof of Insurance, in the Parade Entry Application)
- August 23: Parade day!
- 8:00 am: Parade Central opens at the South Eugene High School parking lot for staging and parade prep (Pet Parade Central will open later, and at a different location--see route map, below!)
- 10:30 am: Pet Parade Begins (shorter route)
- 11 am: Parade Begins
- 5:30 pm: $5 Eugene Celebration Tribute Concert at the Cuthbert Amphitheater begins, featuring Hell's Belles, Zepparella, and Foreverland. The Parade Award Ceremony will begin at 6:30 pm, between sets. All parade entries will receive two pairs (4 total) of tickets to this Awards Ceremony/Concert.
Parade Volunteer Application -- receive a free pair of tickets to the Eugene Celebration Tribute Concert at the Cuthbert for volunteering!
2014 Parade Route Map
(Click for PDF)
The Eugene Celebration Parade awards prizes only to formally registered parade entrants that are highly entertaining and best represent the award's category. Entries are judged on entertainment value to the audience, creativity and concept, and enthusiasm of the parade entrant(s). Prizes will be awarded at the $5 Eugene Celebration Tribute Concert at the Cuthbert Amphitheater, at 6:30 pm between acts.
The winner of each of the nine main categories wins a "First Place" ribbon and cash prize. Second place receives a "Runner Up" ribbon.
- BEST VIEW: Best decorated entry, best use of decorations. $200 prize
- BEST DRESSED: Best use of costuming. $200 prize
- BEST IN STEP: Most cohesive marching or dancing group. $200 prize
- BEST LAUGHS: Best use of humor, the funniest entry according to the Judges. $200 prize
- BEST LISTENING: Best use of live sound.
This could be a choir, a car band, or a drum group (or use your imagination!) $200 prize
- KIDS ARE BEST: Best youth entry (judged by kid judges!) $200 prize
- JUDGES KNOW BEST: Judges' Choice!
The judge's favorite that may not fit into any of the categories. $200 prize
- BEST ELEMENTARY/MIDDLE SCHOOL ENTRY: $100 prize
- BEST HIGH SCHOOL BAND: $100 prize
- BEST OF SHOW WINNER: The hands-down favorite. $250 prize (no runner-up for this category)
Information Coming Soon!
Eugene Celebration Parade
1016 Willamette Street
Eugene, OR 97401